1) Favorite Christmas Movie:
It took me a couple of times to warm up to it, and I get that it isn’t for everyone
2) Favorite Christmas Song
3) Favorite Christmas Story
4) Favorite Christmas activity
Am I missing anything?
1) After I started listening to K-Pop, I decided to listen to J-Pop. No. Just… no. Maybe I haven’t found the right music. Then I tried J-Rock. Bingo.
2) Richie finds it very amusing that I listen to Japanese rock music but not American rock music. IT’S DIFFERENT
3) I actually found a lot of the music I listen to by following the artists on Twitter, because I thought they were pretty. Oh I’m sorry, is that sexist? WHAT’S THAT LIKE?
4) Favorite bands: lynch
Dir en Grey
5) I don’t know if there are any girl J-Rock bands, but if you know of any, please pass the word! I’d love to hear some
6) My favorite J-Rock song is Libra by Mucc
The first time I heard it, I listened to it overandoverandoverandover for a week. I love it. I have a painting that I made while listening to this song on repeat. It’s my favorite and if you don’t like it, we can’t be friends
7) Why do these bands never come to St. Louis?! *pouts*
So, remember how a while ago if I should only read women authors for 2015? All three of you who voted said no.
I was cruising through my To-Read list on GoodReads because it calms me down (shut UP) and I’ve decided that next year I’m just going to read my To-Read list in alphabetical order.
I mean, I’ll still read my books that I read every year, but the in-between reads will be in alphabetical order.
Maybe in 2016 I’ll go through my “Date Added” list on GoodReads and read those in order that they’ve been added so that I can read some of the books that have been on my list for a million years.
Don’t give me that look. This is just how my brain works
1) I started knitting in 2008
2) The first thing I cast on was a guitar scarf for Richie
3) The first thin I actually completed was the Go-Go Garter Stitch Scarf by Debbie Stoller, from her book Stitch ‘n Bitch
4) What I’m working on depends on what I’m in the mood for. If I want something I don’t have to concentrate on (say while I’m watching TV), then it’s just about anything garter stitch. If I need to keep my mind occupied so that I don’t have to think about other things, then I prefer the more complicated patterns
5) I do plan on knitting everything in all of my knitting books at some point. Kind of like how I plan on reading all of my to-do list at some point
6) Right now I am knitting someone’s Christmas present. But I can’t go into details here in case that person is reading
My new coworker at our company has already been promoted. She’s been here less than a year. I’ve been at our company for over seven years and have applied for tons of positions and am still in the exact same spot.
She’s going to a different location closer to her house, and will be getting paid more money while saving on gas.
Meanwhile, my hours have been cut and I am barely making ends meet and have hit a financial snag that has left me breathless.
Oh, Universe. You are awesome. Never change.
I know it isn’t December first, but we had Lauren today and she likes helping put the tree up.
It felt so weird to be decorating for Christmas since it was so warm
As you can see, at least one section of the pre-lit tree has lights that are burnt out. Awesome.
And we got some new wreaths.
I have photos of them, but they don’t want to upload. Use your imagination