I was all set to write another Five for Friday post when I realized that I was just too lazy. So I decided that I was just going to post a goofy Friday meme and have done with it. However just about every meme I could find about Friday was disgusting and offensive and seriously what the hell is wrong with people? This is why we can’t have nice things.
Instead I’m going to give you an update on my blog stats.
I’ve written over 275 blog posts, and I have 97 followers. 97 individual people who seem to like the meaningless dribble I spout out. It says right on my header that I’m going to bore you. But, maybe with all the serious stuff that’s happening all over the place people like to come here for stupid fluff that can distract them. Yeah, that’s it.
Richie’s (ex) bass player Tony gave it to him. Richie doesn’t smoke, but it still looks cool. He said he might use it as a prop in beard competitions.
Also, it’s too cold for me to think properly. Come back tomorrow when I’m able to make a better effort at forming thoughts and committing them to this blog.
I always seem to do one of these every November. Guess that’s because I know winter is coming and I hate the cold.
Last week our temps reached the 70s. Today we are could set a new record low (for the day).
We’ve already had our first snow. Last year it didn’t snow here until December, if I remember correctly.
About half of the US is already covered in snow.
I’ve heard that we are going to have a pretty dry winter, but it will be bitterly cold. Some people figure if it’s going to be that cold, they better get snow with this. I can kind of understand that. Snow is pretty- unless you have to drive in it. Then it turns into that gray slush. So if we’re going to have snow, I’d rather it be on my day off.
We followed this recipe, but went about it our own way. For one thing, we reduced the portion size by a lot. We also did a few steps out of order.
The temps got down into the 20s today, so it was perfect for a good thick soup.
Soup generally tends to be too greasy and makes my stomach hurt, but this was pretty good.
All I need now is to learn to bake bread, and I am good to go. Is there a baking bread for dummies?
1) Last meal: chicken penne (white sauce); garlic bread; iced tea; chocolate cake for dessert
2) I don’t like berries- strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries- by themselves. All mixed into a smoothie is fine
3) Favorite international dish- chicken curry with a side of pot stickers or beef skewers
4) Favorite foods- pasta; bread; cheese; sweets; burgers; chicken wings; pizza; turkey; potatoes; corn on the cob; asparagus; apples; grapes; broccoli; baby spinach; salads; chips; salsa;
5) I’m a very fussy eater. So if I try something new and I like it, it’s a compliment
6) If I could only pick one dessert for the rest of my life, it would be ice cream
7) Favorite movie pig-out food: pizza rolls; chips and dip; soda
8) I did not try pumpkin or pecan pie until I was an adult. I am my mother’s daughter, so growing up it was either apple or chocolate
9) I really really want to learn to make homemade bread
This book was loaned to me by a lawyer and I instantly fell in love with it.
I drowned in it. I smelled the smells and really craved the sweets (not surprising, since I usually do anyway). I’m glad it took me a few days to read. It was like I was able to stay in the world for a little bit longer. Great winter read, with a hot drink and something sweet to nibble on.
It’s a favorite, and definitely one I will read every year.