1) I have a really nasty cold. I blame getting drunk on my birthday which lowered my immune system. I am staying my ass at home and nursing myself.
2) Final book of the year: Fluke, or I Know Why the Whinged Whale Sings by Christopher Moore
3) Last knitting project of the year: Foggy Seas Scarf that I had set aside to knit Aunt Sheree’s Christmas shawl
4) It’s a bright, clear, sunny day. It’s deceptive, though. It makes me feel like it’s warmer than it really is. Then I crack a window to get a bit of fresh air and I get a cold blast of air because Nature is a tease
Have a happy and safe night, however you choose to spend it
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 5,500 times in 2014. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 5 trips to carry that many people.
Click here to see the complete report.
So, yesterday was the Winter Solstice. I hope it was a good one for you. It’s been pretty dark and dreary here the past few days. It feels like the sun will never come back, but Kara promises it will. There hasn’t been any snow in a few weeks- no idea if we will have a white Christmas.
I’m currently finishing up my Christmas knitting. I can’t give anything away since the recipient reads this blog, but I have about 7 1/2 rows to go. It’s going to be beautiful. I can’t wait for you guys to see it.
I am currently reading The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk. Aunt Debra loaned it to me on Thanksgiving, and I’m trying to finish it by Christmas Day to give it back to her. I’m about 72 pages in, and I don’t really have an opinion on it at the moment.
I’m slowly getting caught up on Doctor Who. I finally made it to Season Eight. I haven’t watched enough episodes to have formed an opinion on 12 yet. I get a lot of knitting done while watching Doctor Who, and this past week was a good week for both activities.
I did not finish my Autumn Bucket List. I am thinking about a Winter Bucket List. But I would wait until the new year to do the activities. And I’d give myself until March.
And now you’re all caught up.
1) Favorite Christmas Movie:
It took me a couple of times to warm up to it, and I get that it isn’t for everyone
2) Favorite Christmas Song
3) Favorite Christmas Story
4) Favorite Christmas activity
Am I missing anything?
1) After I started listening to K-Pop, I decided to listen to J-Pop. No. Just… no. Maybe I haven’t found the right music. Then I tried J-Rock. Bingo.
2) Richie finds it very amusing that I listen to Japanese rock music but not American rock music. IT’S DIFFERENT
3) I actually found a lot of the music I listen to by following the artists on Twitter, because I thought they were pretty. Oh I’m sorry, is that sexist? WHAT’S THAT LIKE?
4) Favorite bands: lynch
Dir en Grey
5) I don’t know if there are any girl J-Rock bands, but if you know of any, please pass the word! I’d love to hear some
6) My favorite J-Rock song is Libra by Mucc
The first time I heard it, I listened to it overandoverandoverandover for a week. I love it. I have a painting that I made while listening to this song on repeat. It’s my favorite and if you don’t like it, we can’t be friends
7) Why do these bands never come to St. Louis?! *pouts*
So, remember how a while ago if I should only read women authors for 2015? All three of you who voted said no.
I was cruising through my To-Read list on GoodReads because it calms me down (shut UP) and I’ve decided that next year I’m just going to read my To-Read list in alphabetical order.
I mean, I’ll still read my books that I read every year, but the in-between reads will be in alphabetical order.
Maybe in 2016 I’ll go through my “Date Added” list on GoodReads and read those in order that they’ve been added so that I can read some of the books that have been on my list for a million years.
Don’t give me that look. This is just how my brain works