So this is what it looks like behind my building right now
And in front
It’s darker now since I started this. I saw some lightning while pumping gas. I haven’t heard any thunder and it isn’t raining yet. I have a feeling this is going to be a strong one
Seeing Jaws on the big screen changes your life. I mean, I’d seen it eleventy times before, but on the screen when you’re seeing the shark’s point of view, and then all the blood and guts *sigh*
It’s also extra claustrophobic on the big screen.
How else do you kick off the first day of Summer? Mom and I went together and the theater was packed. It was definitely a treat for the ages. I saw people older than Mom, and the girl next to me was half my age. Mom was fifteen when she saw it for the first time with her brother (my Uncle Rusty) and a girl from church. I had to go with her because she’s the one who got me watching it (and all scary movies) in the first place. Yes, it’s all poignant and sentimental.
All together now: “Awwww.”
Anyways, I’d still like to see it at the outdoor screening in July. Hopefully I’ll make it to that one, too
Yes, Summer is finally (almost) upon us! Yay! What’s your favorite thing about summer? For me, it’s all the colors. After a dark gray winter, I love nothing more than bright bursts of red, orange, purple, pink, and yellow.
Richie has kicked his summer off with a music festival in Wisconsin- Blue Ox. He’ll be home Sunday. I’ve kicked mine off by writing out this list. I’m really really going to try to do one for each season, because I’m a nerd like that (and it will get my lazy ass motivated to blog more).
Here we go:
1) Go camping
3) Picnic in the Park
4) Visit the new Polar Bear at the Zoo
5) Feed the Ducks
6) See Fireworks
7) JAWS on the big screen
8) Visit a new (to us, anyway) Farmer’s Market
9) Visit History Museum
10) Go swimming (we don’t, usually)
11) Make Lemonade
12) Nature Hike
13) Watch the stars
14) Buy new swimsuit
15) Go to swap meet/flea market
Wish me luck!
Yeah, I have no excuse for not updating. Except laziness. That’s an excuse, right?
1) What I’m reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. I’m re-reading the whole series
2) What I’m knitting: Irish Hiking Scarf
3) Remember the cousin a couple of years ago who had a boy instead of a girl? She finally caved to the nagging (don’t give me that look) and is having a wee girl! Here’s the hat I made for her
4) What I’m watching: The Nightly Show with Larry Williams
5) Richie came in first place for the first time in a beard competition! Full beard natural over four inches! I’m so proud
6) Lauren (Richie’s daughter for those new to the party) is 16. SIXTEEN. With a LICENSE. And DRIVING. I’ve known her since she was eight. She can’t have her driver’s license. She just graduated fifth grade. I called my grandma to tell her that it had finally happened, I’d grown old, because Lauren had her license. She laughed at me. MY GRANDMOTHER LAUGHED AT ME. Is this what real parents feel like? Ugh
7) Work is getting better. I got a raise and they increased my hours. I’m still part time but it’s easier to make ends meet, so there’s that
8) What I’m listening to: Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
9) I’m pretty pleased with the length of my hair, although it’s time to get rid of those split ends because I’m shedding like a Persian cat (hashtag no mystery). I just can’t decide what color I want. Red? Bright red? Brown? Brown with highlights? Richie says I shouldn’t dye my hair, but he gets way too much glee from pointing out my gray hair
10) Summer is upon us. Yay! I’ve decided to do a summer bucket list since I’ve only ever done autumn. I’m still working on it, so I’ll post it later. What’s your favorite thing about summer? For me it’s all the color