I get inspired by everything. Various websites, my real life friends, and books. This is just a tiny selection of the knitting books that I have
This bake was not for us. Not at all.
I don’t know if it was the homemade pie crust
Or all the lemons or what. Maybe we needed to top it with powdered sugar or something, I dunno.
This is what melting butter looks like in a pan of sugar and lemon juice
It was just a sour tart, with a strange after taste.
Whatever, I made pie crust by hand.
Maybe eclair week will be easier!
Yeah, I doubt it too
Also, I’m not quite sure when this became a food/baking blog
For my tea loaf I went with blueberry lemon. The combination is sweet and tart and all around delicious.
This recipe came from Life Made Sweeter, and is pretty straight forward. It actually tastes good as leftovers, and of course is divine with tea. I prefer Earl Grey, but I’m sure it will go with many others.
I’ve actually seen this combination in a cake. I might have to give that a try, too
I would definitely bake this again. I actually can’t believe I haven’t. Huh.
I’m never sure where to put the apostrophe.
Anyways, it’s 11:28 pm where I am, and I finished all of my NYE plans. I’m staying in tonight (thanks Amy for the invite!), and judging by the amount of emergency vehicles that have passed down my street, it was the right decision.
I’ve finished up all the laundry; done all the dishes (except what’s in the dishwasher); cleaned the kitchen and living room; cleaned out the litter box and took out the trash; put fresh sheets on the bed. The idea is that keep my life clean and organized in the new year.
I dropped off all library books and donated a bag of clothes and books to Goodwill.
I have a little bit of cash in my wallet to encourage to the flow of money. (sounds silly, but I got two raises this year, so)
The thing you are doing at midnight is what you will be doing a lot of in the new year. I have plans to be eating cake and reading a book. Richie is playing a gig down in Cape Girardeau. So he will play a lot of music, and we won’t see each other often. So… that sucks.
I don’t know why everyone is so excited for the new year- I doubt much will change. But, I hope everyone stays safe tonight, at least.
1.What I’m Reading: The Terror by Dan Simmons. It’s a fictional re-telling of the Franklin Expedition of 1846. It’s a spooky read- aside from cold and starvation, there is something lurking out there on the ice that wants the sailors. I freeze while reading this
2. What I’m Knitting: Richie’s beard club is hosting a cold weather clothing drive for their December meeting. I have some yarn I don’t love, so I’m just whipping up some simple scarves. I started on Wednesday and have one scarf finished
3. What I’m Watching: The Great Australian Bake Off
4. I found a new recipe in one of my cookbooks. It has half the ingredients of my buttermilk bread recipe, and it’s so much easier. Equally tasty too
5. I made some lemon lime cupcakes over the summer, from this site. Citrus bakes are best during the warmer months. I also finally, finally nailed the icing. After giving the kitchen time to cool off after baking, I turned the thermostat down a couple of degrees, which kept the icing from melting
6. Yesterday I made a cookie in the mug for the second time, but it was the first time the recipe actually worked. There was a calming masterpost making it’s way around tumblr, for people to help care for themselves after the election. I decided to try this recipe because I didn’t think I had enough ingredients to make a full batch of cookies and was too lazy to go out for more
Life changing, you guys
7. And finally- just photos of Winter