As much as he can be in the sweltering St. Louis heat. I bet he’ll be gorgeous when it gets cooler and he’s more comfortable
Mom and I went early this morning and had a great time
Tell me this is not the coolest mohawk you’ve ever seen
This is how you accessorize: make sure your claws match your beak. And remember: black goes with everything
It never fails. These gazelle always have their eye on me when I approach
Of course, if we’re being honest, we all know it’s because I’m going to jump over the barrier and snatch up that baby to take home with me
Kangaroos just hanging out
“Stop taking my picture, human, and toss down a steak. Rare.”
Now it’s naptime
1) What I’m Reading: Dedication by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus (the pair who wrote The Nanny Diaries)
2) What I’m Listening to: Cutthroat Kitchen on NetFlix. It’s actually pretty clever
3) What I’m Knitting: a super secret project that I can’t tell you about because the person it’s for reads this blog. But I can tell you it’s stripey!
4) Isn’t stripey a great word? Even my blog dictionary recognizes it!
5) So I was dog-sitting and I was walking Gus several times over the weekend, and I definitely have tons of bug bites. Pretty sure they’re all chigger bites. Awesome. The worst bit- eleven bites on my left leg, just above the ankle
6) I’m so over summer. I mean, I love the warm weather and the flower and all the colors but I’m so over the fucking heat. It’s ridiculous
7) I’m trying to cut back on my junk food. I’m only eating it on weekends. Trying to only eat it on the weekends. So far so good, but I do fail time to time
8) This blog has been viewed over 11,000 times since I started it in 2012. Too nutty. I also have 44 followers on tumblr
9) Richie is dying to go see the Amy Winehouse documentary in the theater. I don’t know why. I mean, I know he likes documentaries, but he doesn’t love Amy the way I do. After the latest theater shooting, I have no desire to return to the movie theater any time soon. But Richie just doesn’t seem to get it. He keeps bugging me about it. Dude, we can watch it when it comes out on NetFlix
10) I finally replaced my beat up old iPod cord! This new one is thicker, longer, stronger!
…. and I’m going to stop talking now
I shipped it through FedEx tonight- $54.60. I wonder if it’s because I placed the value as $25. AND, he should receive it by 6:00 PM Monday.
Guys, this is a real actual thing. It has been sent out into the void. I just hope it gets there. I mean, there’s only one G-Dragon in South Korea. Only one YG Entertainment, only one Seoul. Should get there, right? Even if it takes a while.
I really lucked out that the clerk didn’t ask questions or give me any weird looks. (I addressed the package to Mr. G-Dragon) Having it arrive by Monday was my only option. I tossed in a little hand-written note. I was a little shaky so I doubt he’ll be able to read it. And yes, I did add in a P.S. about Heechul being my bias and could he please say hi to him for me.
I really hope this reaches him. A shout out would be cool, but I don’t really expect one. I know I’ve said this before, but all I really want is for this package to land in his hands, to not get lost or stolen. And if he doesn’t like it, maybe he’ll pass it on to his sister.
Anyways. I’ll be posting tracking notes on Twitter. I might whip out another post when the cowl reaches Seoul.
Here are some new photos of me in the cowl outside in natural sunlight
It’s blocking as we speak.
In which mistakes in lace are MORE VISIBLE
I finished this afternoon, and took some pre-blocking photos and uploaded them to Instagram (along with some selfies of me modeling the cowl).
15 rows (17 if you want to count cast on row and bind off row); 2400 stitches (2720 if we count rows mentioned above); 160 beads; 11 days.
I blocked it in lavender-scented Eucalan, and now it’s on the living room floor.
I would like to thank Natalie for winding my yarn; Jamie for helping me test my beads; Kara for giving blocking advice; all my friends and readers for rooting me on; Richie for not laughing at me and for being a great sport about me knitting a project for a man who lives on the other side of planet Earth who doesn’t know I exist. Actually, thanks to everyone for not laughing at me (to my face, anyway) for knitting a project for a man who lives on the other side of planet Earth who doesn’t know I exist.
I have an address. Zombie and I are going to Fed-Ex on Friday
It’s Work in Progress Wednesday! Here’s where I am so far
As you can see there’s a little bit of substance now. I’m about two rows away from starting the halfway point
I’m trying to match the beads to the yarn as well as I can- purple with purple, pink with pink. Adding beading to knitting is a little easier than I was expecting. It’s still the most nerve-wracking part of the pattern
The designer said it was a good project for beginning lace, and I have to agree. I know most of the stitches. The only one I had to learn was Sk2po- slip stitch, knit two together, pass slipped stitch over. It’s all knit stitches, and the plain knitting on the even rows makes everything go faster.
I’d like to finish by the 22nd, because I’m off work on Wednesdays and I’ll be able to go to the post office then. Any ideas what I should write in my note to GD? Other than “Hey, Kim Heechul is my bias can you tell him hi please?”, I mean.
Remember when last December I said I was going to read my book list in alphabetical order this year because that’s the kind of nerd I am?
I’m actually doing it.
When I’m not reading the books I read every year.
I’ve read the numbers- from 1 Dead in Attic by Chris Rose to 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.
And I’ve finished all the A’s- from The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie all the way to Autobiography, Vol I by Mark Twain (only two or three hundred pages were actual autobiography. The rest was notes).
I’m currently working my way through the B’s. I’m reading Bitter Ice, and after I finish this I’ll have three more to go. Turns out I have a lot of feminist books in the B section. A lot of those particular books have to deal with body image. Who knew?
Along with having a profile on GoodReads I keep a hard copy of my book list- that’s actually why I made a GoodReads page anyway. I have two whole full pages!
I have the remaining supplies. Turns out I had size eight circulars already. They aren’t the length I need, but I’ll only need it for casting on and binding off. The rest will be on the six circulars
I couldn’t find a one crochet hook I needed so I had to buy a pack
Maybe those will come in handy in the future
I’ve managed to lose my pattern somewhere in the apartment (please don’t ask how) but luckily my mom gave me her old tablet so I can just pull it up there.
There are written directions! So I don’t have to worry about reading a chart! I think anyone who adds written directions to charts should be sainted.
I’m off to cast on! Wish me luck!